Is it time for a new prosthesis, or maybe this is your first one. The dreaded question, how am I going to pay for this? PBO Group not only manufactures your prosthesis, but also assists you through the entire billing process.
I bet you didn’t know there are a wide variety of additional funding sources available within the community for your device. But what options are specific for you? PBO Group will provide you with the necessary resources to determine what funding is available for your device and where to begin. Please see below for a quick list of funding sources we have access to.
Available Funding Sources
- Assistive Devices Program (ADP) – ADP funds 75% up to a maximum of an approved price.
What does that mean? It means you have available funding if you are an Ontario resident and have a valid Ontario Health Card!
But, how often can you receive a new prosthesis through the Assistive Devices Program? ADP will fund a new prosthesis every 3 years. ADP applications can be found in our office where they are signed, completed and mailed on your behalf.
- Ontario Disability Support Program/Ontario Works(ODSP/OW) – Are you in receipt of ODSP or OW funding? ODSP can provide financial assistance benefits for medical supplies and equipment such as prostheses. Contact your case manager to find out your eligible benefits!
- Private Insurance – Do you receive private insurance benefits? Our office works daily with many insurance companies; Sunlife Financial, Manulife Financial, Great West Life, or Green Shield. Our office can submit the necessary paperwork to your insurance company on your behalf.
- The War Amps – This generous organization provides financial assistance towards the cost of artificial limbs to amputees over the age of 18 residing in Canada. The War Amps can provide funding every 3 years for a new prosthesis. Like to be registered and learn more? Our office can register you for this no cost program! You can also visitwaramps.ca for more information.
- The Niagara Amputee Association (NAA) – NAA is a charitable organization that assists in funding artificial limbs in the Niagara Peninsula. Stop by our two PBO Niagara locations for a NAA Application or more information on eligibility.
PBO Group is here for you. Stop by or call one of our clinics to speak with a Client Service Coordinator today!